Thursday, May 8, 2014

Yogurt Chicken Salad

 

Ingredients:

  • 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (at least 2 cups chicken)
  • 1 1/4 cup plain low-fat (or non fat) yogurt
  • 1/2 cup green grapes (you can use purple, either way I get seedless and I usually cut them in half)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup apples chopped (I've used gala and Granny Smith)
  • Optional: raisins, craisins, almonds---this recipe is completely flexible, whatever you think you'd enjoy is probably worth a try :)

Directions:

  • REAL SIMPLE. Mix all ingredients. Done. :) This is great on fresh green salad, or as a chicken salad sandwich. this is a great healthy alternative to the manonaise chicken salads you can buy at the deli, and is light and fruity for a summer lunch.

I make this for lunches during the summer when I'm sick of eating just regular salads and want something a little more filling that isn't heavy and isn't unhealthy. I try to buy organic rotisserie chickens, because they tend to be less salty--I'd be weary of flavored chicken, the yogurt does a great job of picking up the taste of the chicken so if you buy a flavored chicken it may over power other ingredients or may not mix well.

 

ENJOY :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment