Monday, May 19, 2014

Cindy's Mac and Cheese

This is a family recipe. My great grandmother made it for my mom when she was a little girl. This recipe has been passed down, and made for pretty much every potluck, banquet, and party my family has been involved with. It's a delicious, easy and quick Mac and cheese, that is a little bit different than most. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family has over the years

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked
  • 1 lb (block) extra sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 bag shredded sharp cheddar
  • 2 cans16 oz tomato sauce, 1 can 8 oz tomato sauce

Directions:

  1. Preheat to 350
  2. Pour cooked noodles into a 13x9 baking pan. (I use a stoneware pan, I've used glass and metal, any type will work fine). Add the tomato sauce, and shredded cheese. Mix well all ingredients. (I use almost the entire bag of shredded cheddar. This is a preference, see above the second picture on the left is what it looks like all mixed)
  3. Slice the cheese block into thin slices, (see first picture above to how thick my slices are), then lay them on top of the noodles mixture, and try to covere all the noodles
  4. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble. Then let cool for a little bit.

Makes great left-overs.

 

Enjoy!

 

1 comment: