Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cheesy Tortellini and Sausage

 

Ingredients:

  • 19 oz bag frozen cheese tortellini (you can do multi-color noodles or regular, taste preference)
  • 1 lb ground sweet italian sausage
  • 1 bag FRESH spinach (must use fresh, frozen will make the soup weird)
  • 2 cans italian diced tomatoes
  • 2 cans low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes

Directions:

  1. Brown the sausage in a skillet. Drain.
  2. Add sausage and remaining ingredients to slow cooker, stir to combine. (add the tortellini frozen)
  3. Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring twice during cooking

My friend Lauren intially shared this recipe with me, there are some minor alterations, but basically still the original recipe. I would like to say, this recipe can be watery if you cook too long. Also, I would allow the soup to sit for a little to cool a bit just to ensure it thickens. I also have added romano cheese on top, basically because I personally love Romano cheese. This is not necessary, the soup will be cheesy and delicious without it, I just love it.

 

Great sunday night recipe, and left overs for lunch during the week.

 

ENJOY:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment