Sunday, August 31, 2014

Garlic Roasted Chickpeas

First, apologies for the complete and utter lack of posts between June and now--I was working and traveling a lot and then I began my last year of law school and a second job recently....so obviously stress has sent me back to baking and cooking frequently :)


This is a quick(ish) snack thats high in protein and a crunchy substitute for potato chips :)

Garlic Roasted Chickpeas
Ingredients:

  • 1-12 oz can chickpeas
  • 2 tbsp olive oil (two kinds of olive oil in my recipe, see below)
  • Garlic-salt seasoning
  • black pepper
Directions
  1. Drain the canned chickpeas, and pour onto paper towels. Pat dry with another paper towels (trying to remove excess liquid, dry as much as you can but you do not need to dwell on it)
  2. Place chickpeas in a bowl deep enough to toss, pour olive oil on top. I used 1 tablespoon regular EVOO and 1 tablespoon Garlic infused EVOO.
  3. Shake some garlic salt on top and toss to coat :) --the amount will be by preference, I did not measure, but I put a fair amount on there.
  4. Place covered chickpeas on a baking sheet with rim. -- I covered my baking sheet in tin foil just to aid clean up. 
  5. Spread out chickpeas, trying to make sure they are not bunched/stacked. 
  6. I use a black pepper grinder and put just enough on top of all chickpeas to at least have a black speck on each one, again this will be by preference for you.
  7. Bake at 450 for 30-40 minutes or until golden-brown. Watch carefully at the end to ensure they do not burn.
  8. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy :)
(Picture to follow later)



For those of you wondering, I pick up infused olive oils at different local stores throughout Pennsylvania, but here is a website link to the two I like the most:
http://www.gulfcoastoliveoils.com/   <---in Mississippi
https://www.atasteofolive.com/        <----West Chester, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment